Thursday, June 16, 2011

Simon Says Torn Edges

Going Rogue on the challenges this week :) Simon Says Stamp and Show has a "Distressed/Torn Edges" Challenge going on. I decided to do both - distress and tear - with my new Floriculture stamps.

I was really happy when I found this cool quote to include with the Floriculture half plate. I framed it using a Technique Junkies technique called...what else?....torn frames.

I sponged distress ink around the edges of both my designer paper and the main image panel. I then colored the main image with copic markers and highlighted around the edges with a yellow copic marker.

Here's the whole card:

Soul Blossoming
Stamps: lily of the valley and quote from Floriculture plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: green wood grain (Provocraft?)
Cardstock: Always Artichoke and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); Always Artichoke (Stampin Up); various copic markers; Tea Dye (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishments: 4 buttons

Let your life bloom!

9 comments:

  1. Wow... love this piece, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Stylish cool card XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love your distressed edges, very cool! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the distressed look. Really like the background. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool effect Shar and lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a terrific card! Very dramatic...and "grown-up"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card and the way you used the torn edges is really cool

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...