Saturday, June 11, 2011

Silent Maiden

As Mark Twain once allegedly said, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated". I feel that way about my long blog absence. Yes, I am still around....sleepy, working a ton, and mojo-challenged....but definitely still around.

Silent Maiden

So where have I been? Would you believe working at my real life job? Yup, as dull and boring as that. I've been shifted from offsite to onsite and thus offline.

I've also been packing up my beautiful studio. While the idea of a wonderful studio in a romantic old textile factory at the heart of the birthplace of the American industrial revolution was absolutely irresistible, the actual getting-it-done part didn't actually happen as planned.

I was always carrying stuff back and forth between home and studio, wondering why I had left this or that at whichever location I was not and generally not using the fab studio space as my kitchen table kept beckoning with the siren call of "I'm right here - you can craft here ANYTIME". While the display space was magnificent, I missed the immediacy of my work space.

With the help of my ever-supportive hubby, I am renovating and revamping my home studio so my commute will be 22 stairs instead of 16 miles. The truth is out - I'm a home body. Besides, with a home studio, I get to spend time with my awesome daughter, the Roguette.

Aime L'Enfant

I have been doing some collage canvases here and there which I will share with you over the next few days. These new pieces and some of my previous pieces will be featured in my Rogue Redhead Designs Etsy store starting in July.

It's Been So Long Since I Really Felt Strong

I've also been preparing for a brand-new show...so excited....at my fav stamp store, Absolutely Everything! It's a "Handmade Summer Show" on Sunday, June 26th. Half of all table entry fees for this fun event will be donated to a local charity, Wellspring House, a center for homeless women, children and families, giving them a chance through housing and education to get back onto their feet with support and respect. Fab time, great art and wonderful cause!

I'll be back here and there for the rest of July and then I should be back and crafting, collaging and blogging! I'll also have some great new Rogue stamps coming out!

5 comments:

  1. You certainly have loads to do Shar. Just take care that you don't overdo it. The canvases are lovely. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a romantic thought, having a 'proper' studio isn't it. Something I've contemplated often, but I always end up back in the same old place... the dining table lol

    You've been so busy. The style isn't what I usually see as being Shar stylee but they work beautifully.

    I hope you settle back in quickly :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back, I thought you were gone with the wind....Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. While the idea of having a separate studio with lots of wall space cabinets and counter space sounds wonderful, being able to go into your home studio anytime of the day or night and stamping in your pj's if you want wins out! Love these pieces, especially the madam butterfly and the little girl with the puppy and the beautiful wings.!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely art. Love the word "roguette". Lovin' that you get to make art at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...