Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Father's Day on C.R.A.F.T. Challenge

Father's Day cards are always fun to create so I was happy to see that this week's CRAFT Challenge was on that theme. Of course, guy cards can be hard and I didn't want to include tools, a tie or barbecue stuff on this one. I decided to create a card with something ALL Dads have in common - kids.

I thought the orange was guy enough but still warm. I love these cute little swingers but I often end up using a punch and isolating the image so they don't hang from nowhere...until I realized that the large flourish on the Relish Reading plate makes a perfect anchor for my little playmates.


Happy Dad's Day
Stamps: flourish and children from the Relish Reading plate and the sentiment from the Bits and Pieces plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Golden Tones (Foof-a-la); Buttercup from Oh Baby line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Really Rust and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Copics: E00, E02, E07, E09, E11, YR18, YR21 and YR24

Why not make a card for that special Dad in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Great card, love the colours you have used!! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this time and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you paint your little stamped images, they look water colored!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...