Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Triple Play on Challenge Day!

Dontcha love it when a plan comes together? I was blurfing around and found a sketch challenge, an inspiration challenge and a recipe challenge that all came together to become my card for today!

I started with the excellent sketch at Card Patterns.

Then, I decided to try out the recipe challenge at Stamping for the Weekend where they were asking for Blue, Buttons and Bling. Neat combo, huh? Next, I saw the Special Day/Event Challenge at Simply Create and I had an idea! I grabbed my Bits and Pieces set and my Relish Reading stamps and got to work! Bits and Pieces has individual words that can be mixed and matched to create very specific sentiments like the one below.

Happy Birthday Girl
Stamps: words from Bits and Pieces plate and girl from Relish Reading set (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: the Goods line (American Crafts)
Cardstock: Brocade Blue and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Black Tuxedo (Memento)
Copics: B21, B23, B24, E02, E07, E09 and E11
Embellishments: 2 blue butterfly-shaped buttons; 3 rhinestone hearts; striped ribbon
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories)

Wish your favorite person a great day! Don't forget that the Bits and Pieces mix-and-match sentiment set is on sale at Rogue Redhead Designs for $12.00 (shipping not included) until June 10, 2011!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely. She will love it! The fold is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet. Love that little girl image. Got my issue of Take Ten today...saw yr cards! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome! Way to rock the multiple challenges. That little gal looks vaguely familiar..., LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of sketch! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card :)
    Thanks for sharing it with us at SFTW & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card....she will just love it!!
    Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our Special Day challenge...hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delicate and beautiful card! I love the soft colors you used and your coloring is perfect.
    Thank you for playing with us at SimplyCreate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card, Sharon. I'm glad you got to play with Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...