Sunday, May 22, 2011

Green Monochrome


This week The Shabby Tearoom is having a Monochrome challenge! I love monochrome so this was a great challenge to get me back to stamping.

I suddenly got switched from off-site to on-site with fixed hours at my job, so stamping has not been easy. I was happy to get some great time today to sit and play!

I decided to go all vintage with this one. I started by stamping some Ranger Distress ink on my craft pad, misting the ink with water and smooshing some glossy cardstock through the resulting mess. I then let that dry and stamped a Cosmos bud and this sentiment from my Rogue Redhead Floriculture plate onto the panel with more distress ink. I added some more Forest Moss Distress ink around the edges, matted with Chocolate cardstock and voila! My central panel was done. To create the back panel, I used distress ink on some PaperTemptress Silver Lustre paper and then overstamped with the Almanac background from the Rogue Redhead Relish Reading set.

Here's my entry:

Soul Blossoming
Stamps: Cosmos bud and sentiment from Floriculture plate and Almanac background from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper/Cardstock: Vintage Silver Lustre and glossy cardstock (PaperTemptress); Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Ink: Forest Moss and Peeled Paint (Ranger Distress Ink)

Hope you have a sensational day!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the monochrome & vintage - very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very vintage and elegant! Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graceful and charming love that stamp. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite card of your Shar, I think the monochrome is perfect and far from boring! I love the distressed watercolor feel too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Shar - the monochrome works really well with that stamp :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...