Sunday, May 1, 2011

Going Wild at Gingersnap Creations

or rather Wild West! How fun! Our newest monthly theme on the GC blog is Wild West!

Back at the ranch the Gingers are teaming up with the Technique Junkies Design Team to provide some great inspiration for our upcoming challenges and, with Technique Junkies as our May Sponsor, there will also be great prizes for our challenges.

Being a long time TJer, I had to get in on the fun early. Of course, being the noted rogue I couldn't join in without bending the rules so I used a couple of my favorite TJ techniques but not quite as they are supposed to be done.

I took a great background I had made with the Reinker Splash technique and paired it with the Block Collage technique which typically is done with a monochromatic color scheme....which I didn't actually use. Here's what it looks like:

Wild West Cowgirl
Stamps: all images from Cowgirl Blues (Oxford Impressions)
Cardstock: Kraft (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Ballet Blue, Night of Navy and Creamy Caramel (Stampin Up)
Technique: Reinker Splash and Block Collage (Technique Junkies)

Hope you'll join in on all our Wild West fun at Gingersnap Creations! We have tons of great challenges, tutorials and features coming up in May!

13 comments:

  1. Wow... this looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adore this! Cant wait for this months Gingers creations to be shown. I had so much fun with this theme. My favorite! Yippee Ki Yah..take care gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild West....wait, I'l saddle my horse and ride off to Gingersnaps! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Wild West cowgirl piece, Shar! So neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this, that little bit different.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the effects are stunning Shar. Have never heard of these techniques so hope you will be sharing them. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shar, this absolutely rocks! what a great beautiful card and a wonderful theme for May at GSC! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one WILD card, Shar! I love how you combined the two techniques, and I love the colors! Great image, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yee Haw! This card is stunning! Makes me want to get on my horse and go for a ride! Really a fantastic color combination and such a fabulous execution of the TJ technique. Yippie-i-o, Shar. You are a cowboy's sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done. Awesome theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I love this card! I really like the technique too- love the Western theme too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...