Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daffodil Day

My beloved small fry was back today to ask me to make one more teacher gift. One of her teachers adores daffodils so little one asked if I could make some daffodil notecards.

After going through my collection, I found I only had one daffodil stamp. It is a beautiful stamp from Beeswax but it fills the whole card so it took some time to come up with a design that would work. I settled on a quick and simple spotlight.

I stamped the image in brown on kraft cardstock and then stamped and colored the same image on white. I punched out circles around the four flowers, matted them with dark brown and lined them up on the card bases.

I finished up with a full color version of the image for the accompanying card to go with the gift.

Hope your day is filled with flowers and sunshine!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Sure the teacher will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOO yes! LOVE these. What a gorgeous collection. That stamp is one I've not seen before. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! what a gorgeous card! I just love it - and the teacher will also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and clever XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are gorgeous, lucky teacher:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love daffodils too! These are wonderful, love the technique...take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...