Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Working World

Gingersnap Creations is marching into the world of work this month. I made my first exposed cardboard collage to get into the spirit.

Stamp credits: River City Rubberworks, Ma Vinci's Reliquary, Above the Mark and Onyxpressions.

It was a lot of fun! I inked the exposed parts of the cardboard and then placed my designer paper on top and rubbed my fingers over the whole piece. When I lifted the designer paper, I could see on the back where I needed to rip so that I could match my cardboard open areas exactly.

I had fun with the title using some typewriter key stamps from Ma Vinci's Reliquary. I also dipped into my Ma Vinci postal images to add some more detail.

I inked up a rolodex card with Antique Linen Distress Ink with some Brushed Corduroy and Tea Dye inks around the edges before overstamping this ledger sheet image from Above the Mark.

This wonderful typewriter from River City Rubberworks made a great focal image.

I used Multi-color Embossing, the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group Technique of the Month, to give it a vintage feel.

After much sponging of distress ink everywhere (mostly my hands by the look of me), I added a binder clip and some staples along with this fabby collage image to complete the scene.

Hope you'll meet up with us at Gingersnap Creations for another fun month of art and inspiration!

7 comments:

  1. Great piece! I love working with cardboard, costs nothing and so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mucky hands...............lol Terrific job, love your interpretation. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Shar! Wonderful collage with fascinating elements! I think I'll enter this challenge....I have a humorous 'work' stamp I haven't used for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the details in this, Sharon, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Lovin all your collage work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun with the historical items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece - great vintage collage, and the cardboard is the perfect backdrop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...