Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Passion for Paper

I am once again diving into my stash of fabulous papers, determined to use the pieces I've been hoarding. I've had a piece of Chicky Check from sei that I adore because it looks so fun but haven't been able to figure out what image would go with it. Instead of focusing on the pattern, I decided to focus on the colors - a warm tan and a couple perky pinks. Then it struck me - the pattern was busy so I had to go simple and go with faces to use that tan color!

I stamped the cuddling couple from my Snow Hugs plate with a deep rose ink and then heat set it. I then carefully colored the face with copic markers. I added some color to the hats and the woman's scarf also using copics, trying to accent the image without overpowering it. To finish up, I used an oval punch to isolate the faces of these two love birds and then matted with a coordinating color. It needed a little something so I created a color coordinated mini-tag to add the sentiment.

Warm Hugs
Stamps: couple and sentiment from Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Chicky-Check from the Chick-a-dee line (sei)
Cardstock: Rose Red and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rose Red (Stampin Up)
Copics: E00, E02, RV32, and RV34
Embellishment: heart brad
Tools: tag punches

That's what I did, now it's your turn! Start using that awesome paper you have on hand by keeping it simple and drawing inspiration from the paper itself!

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love how you've cropped in the feature image.... taking some of the "snow" out makes the image even more versatile. I'm gonna have to consider that with more of my stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great with your new stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful combination of stamps and paper, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Shar! The image works so well with that 'checkered' paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. Just love the soft colors. Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and great paper. I have a stash of nice paper that I just stroke now and again, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these Sharon-pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these look like they were specifically made to go with each other. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and what a wonderful card you've made. The image and paper looks perfect together!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...