Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gingersnapper Spirit Blog Hop

In honor of the 3rd Annual Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge over at Gingersnap Creations, they have asked the members of their Yahoo Group to be part of a blog hop today. To check out the other participants, go to Gingersnap Creations.


Last year, I went all girly with this challenge (if the goddess Aphrodite can be considered girly) and as you can see from the thumbnail above this year was going in the same direction.

I did want to make at least one submission with a more masculine feel. I've been dying to use this fab compass paper that's been lying in my "I'm going to use that soon drawer" forever. I just couldn't find the right project until I thought "journal".

I didn't need to add much to the basic composition book once I had this fun paper - just some burlap-look paper and a sentiment from Chapel Road.

The whole journal:


I love that it was simple yet still had a lot going on. Of course, I couldn't stop at just the journal, so I kept on crafting.

I was feeling really old today, so to perk myself up I embraced the feeling and went vintage. I decided to create a couple more pieces using my Relish Reading stamps and some yummy paper from Heidi Grace Designs. I coupled these great starting blocks with a vintage feel technique from Technique Junkies called Sepia.




Now, you've seen my humble submissions, you should go check out all the amazing art from the Gingersnapper community.

I cannot believe it's been over 2 years since Ali and I founded the GC blog and started off on this journey of stress-free art, challenging fun and fabulous community. I am so blessed to have made so many great friends through both the Gingers team and the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group. Thanks tons everyone for a great 2 years of gingery goodness!

30 comments:

  1. Great work Shar and thanks for organizing the blog hop! Valerie-Jael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects Shar! Great Blog op - full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Shar- I love all your projects- and the blog hop is cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've created a wonderful place to share art! love your projects for the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great pieces Shar - well done on tackling the age old problem of creating something for that so very difficult "Gender" lol:) Great work in organising the blog, super efficient as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! We all appreciate your hard work over the last 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal is wonderful, I can see why you would want just the right project for that paper. Your cards are great also. I have really enjoyed being a part of your wonderful community and wish you a fabulous 3rd year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the papers you used the journal is a WOW the quote is wonderful. Your cards with your own stamps how special is that? lovely colouring they have a beautiful vintage feel. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creations, all of them!
    Is the last one embossed? It does look like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous journal. Love the Reading Relish articles too. Now all I need is time to have another play with mine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab projects Shar, but sorry you are not feeling 16 again on this special day of days at the party hop....oops blog hop.....I started celebrating yesterday and am not even in it.......lol
    Thank you for all the terrific arrangements you have made for this great hop. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful notebook and card, Shar! I am definitely glad that you and Ali put in so much work to make the GC blog as fantastic of a place as it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for organising the blog hop. Both projects are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful journal! i love the texture of your paper and the look of the cover is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Sharon, gorgeous work, all of them! You knkow, I have the same drawer as you do....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shar, you always go the extra mile, and we're so glad you do! Your altered book and cards are great!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful and creative work as always, Sharon...off to your blog hop...wow on every card.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards and images! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Sharon F.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creations! Hope to hop next time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is very impressive!!!
    Stunning work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are all beautiful Shar! I just love those sweet stamps! thank you for the sweet comments on my blog - it really means a lot to me! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your art just "pops", clean, fresh designs!
    thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shar, really beautiful. I have to say you made me lol with your comment on feeling old. Why is it we all get those days, no matter what actual age we are!! You know I love vintage so this was right up my street.
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your work is always so beautiful. I follow you now. Im so happy to be part of the Ginger world with you! take care,gerri

    ReplyDelete
  25. my fave is the one with the embossed looking swirl, but they are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your kind words on my new projects...I do appreciate it. Cant wait till Wednesday when myGinger DT really begins. I did do the enter month if April already!!gerri

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Shar on GSC 2yrs way cool and you have accomplished so much as well it's a great blog & group and you manage it beautifully I am happy to say am a member of the group and a follower of the blog and there is always great challenges, tutorial and inspiration roll on the next few years

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations Shar on GSC 2yrs way cool and you have accomplished so much as well it's a great blog & group and you manage it beautifully I am happy to say am a member of the group and a follower of the blog and there is always great challenges, tutorial and inspiration roll on the next few years

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know where to start.

    First of all thank you so much for Gingersnap Creations. You put so much time and effort into it.

    Yoiur creations here are fabulous. The book, well as simple as it it its stunning.
    The cards are a wonderful colour, love the panels. Perfect base for the images.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...