Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rogue Valentines

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I decided to get busy with my new Rogue Redhead stamps and make a few romantic cards! Of course, I can't play by the rules so the standard pink and red just wasn't going to do!

I made this card for the Crazy Amigos Challenge - Valentine and Stamping for the Weekend's St. Valentine's Day Challenge! Isn't the background paper fantastic! I tried to mimic the lovely purples, soft pink as well as the hint of green in my coloring.

Sweet Snow Hugs
Stamps: couple and sentiment from the Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Plum Blossoms (Deja Views)
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); variety of copic markers

The second card I made for the The Pink Elephant Challenge #93 - Be My Valentine. I used one of my favorite Technique Junkies techniques - Marker Watercoloring. It gives such a lovely soft look!

Pastel Passion
Stamps: couple from the Snow Hugs plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: two-sided scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); variety of Stampin Up markers
Technique: Marker watercoloring

To find out more about the new Snow Hugs plate and how to order, go to the Rogue Redhead Designs blog or visit the RRD Etsy store.

5 comments:

  1. Both are very nice, sharon! The DP background goes so well with the colored image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both Shar!!! I think your color choices, with your paper choices, works perfectly for Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shar,
    Your art cards are just fabulous! I do love the subjects too as we get no snow and much winter but it has been cold!

    Smiles, Cyndi
    Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. I love the new stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, Shar--your cards are so cute!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...