Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GC92: Jewel Colors plus Gold

It's Wednesday which means it's Ginger time! Gingersnap Creations has a new color challenge on for the finale of their Royalty month - Jewel Colors plus Gold.

I decided to pick just one jewel color - emerald - for my creation!

I've been dabbling with simple reinker backgrounds so I thought this would be a great use of the emerald green one that I made. To make up some, just drop some ink from one to three reinkers onto a craft sheet and "spread" with a plastic knife or stir stick. Then, drag some glossy white cardstock through the mess. While the color becomes fairly consistent, it does have some inconsistencies that are lovely for background panels.

I find these backgrounds work best with fairly complex images so I picked this fabulous very guy image from Paperbag Studios and stamped it with Jet Black StazOn on my uneven background.

Emerald Green Guys
Stamp: gentlemen collage (Paperbag Studios)
Paper: Glorious Green and Whisper White (Stampin Up); gold shiny paper from my scrap basket
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)

Why not stop by the challenge at Gingersnap Creations and check out how the other Gingers have interpreted the challenge? Have some fun and join in!

10 comments:

  1. Great card, Shar - I love how you positioned the photocorners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card Shar and loving the stamp you used, plus your gold corners. Awesome. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! That's not a green I normally turn to but I will now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally picked up some foaming shaving cream to try this technique. Your background looks great with this stamp. The placement of gold corners gives this card that special finished touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the green background color. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the colour and the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love doing this technique and Your emerald green makes for a awesome background with this stamp. Well done Shar!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these guys....they are two of the three or four men images I have in my huge inventory of stamps! This is a great technique...and your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...