Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Found My Marbles

After years of saying "I am going to try that shaving cream technique", I finally did. The Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group has a great new feature, Technique of the Month, and I am the lucky one to do this month's tutorial on creating marblized backgrounds. If you are a member of the group, you can get a pdf of my tutorial in the Files section.

Here are a couple of my creations. I like the way this particular background came out, that I wanted to keep the card really simple to show it off.

Stamp credit: Rogue Redhead Designs

For the next one, I wanted to see how a complex stamp with lots of detail would look on

Stamp credit: Lost Coast Designs


Stamp credits: Rogue Redhead Designs

I had lots of fun and made minimal mess (surprisingly) playing with this oldie but goodie technique.

6 comments:

  1. I especially favor the purple and blue shades! This is one of those techniques that I generally manage to 'over-mix'..... but when it looks like yours, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I never tried it on glossy CS and washed it off, this method is a lot less messy! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one, most especially. I tried this once and didn't get such fabulous results, but maybe I should have perservered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, lovely effect, will be trying this asap! Thanks for the lovely idea again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look great Shar, thank you for showing them. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool backgrounds, Shar. I would be afraid of the mess. LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...