Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sitting Pretty with SC314

Okay, you are all probably getting sick of me posting, but I finally had time to play and once I got inky I just couldn't stop stamping.

Here's my last one for the day. I was over at Splitcoast Stampers and saw the most recent sketch - SC314. I've been hoarding some very pretty paper and while I was contemplating the sketch, I realized that it looked a lot like upholstery. An idea formed and the card below was the result!

Sitting Pretty
Stamp: sitting girl from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scrap from my basket
Cardstock: Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E00, E02, E07 and E11
Embellishments: old grosgrain ribbon (saved from some gift wrapping); 2 antique brass brads
Technique: paper piecing

I am finally going to go and sit down and read my book, just like this young lady.

Hope you all had a very relaxing day! Can you tell my family was off skiing today?

13 comments:

  1. I love the way you have created this card Shar. The chair looks magnificent done that way. Have a great week. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so elegant! Lovely piecing...and choice of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty card Shar, lovely rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I had a chair like that till my last move, I called it my reading chair. Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is lovely with such rich colours. The paperpieced chair looks amazing and very comfy - just right to relax ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Wonderful paper piecing, perfect pattern for the sofa.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sitting pretty! Love the fabric chair! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the paper-pieced upholstery chair ... absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you paperpieced this image - you're right - it looks just like fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card--what a great image, too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant paper piecing! These images are soooo elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the paper piecing, the paper is perfect for that lovely chair, brilliant! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful layering and piecing. love it all. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...