Saturday, January 15, 2011

Roguishly Taken by Tiles

I am now addicted to making alcohol ink backgrounds on ceramic tiles. It's all Penny's fault! She not only shared how she made her stunning tile projects, but she also sent me one of her stunning tile albums with a wonderful piano hinge. I have it sitting in prominent place on my workspace to inspire me as it is so gorgeous!

Of course, the rogue in me decided that I had use what I have learned from making my other two tiles - Read to Live and my Reading Tile projects - to come up with my own spin. I decided to play with layering the colors and really pushing the effect of the blending solution applied to the alcohol ink background.

The result was a lovely layered marbled effect and some fun "windows" into which to stamp some images.

To see the whole tile and find out how I created this look, check out the Rogue Redhead blog.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning ... love the colored marble effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, I saw the whole piece at RR and it is fabulous! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking terrific. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...