Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rogue Block Set

Just made a whole set of cards....not a usual thing for me but this new Distressed Colorblocking technique from Technique Junkies seemed to lend it self to a note card set.

I grabbed my Relish Reading plate and my distress inks and got busy.

For the first one, I wanted to highlight this pretty book border. I love this quote too.

Let Us Read
Stamps: book border and sentiment from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Whisper White and Pumpkin Pie (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade (Ranger Distress Ink)
Technique: Distress Colorblocking (Technique Junkies)

When I started the second card, I had the Splitcoast "Clean and Simple" challenge (CAS103) for this week which was to use flourishes. I decided to borrow an idea from incredible stamper, Joanne Wardle, and use the flourish in my Relish Reading plate as a flower stem. I really like the way it turned out!

Miss You
Stamps: flourish and sentiment from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Old Olive and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishment: 2 prima flowers; 1 olive brad
Technique: Distress Colorblocking (Technique Junkies)

I made two more cards, but you'll have to check them out on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog.

These quick and simple cards were a lot of fun to make!

4 comments:

  1. I like the technique you used and the colours work so well with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were such a busy gal this weekend. Kind of nice to have some quite time once in awhile, Graet pieces Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I am going to love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't I say you have some fab sentiments on that plate! This just proves it, gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...