Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Piecing Together the New Year

Whoohoo! Out of the holiday card flurry! I'm not ready to turn to Valentine's Day yet so I think I'll just have some fun in January.

To get myself going on a fresh year, I decided to play with some stamps that I haven't taken out in awhile. For these two cards, I picked out my Sugar Nellie binder and started looking. I came across this bunny which is too cute! I've made him before in pinks but thought he would look just as good in some deep aquas.

Let's Get Together
Stamps: bunny (Sugar Nellie); sentiment (A Muse)
Paper: Charmed from the Blush collection (BasicGrey); various scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Other: foam mounts

I also took out this wonderful windblown darling too. She's fun to color but this time I decided to do some paper piecing with her too.

Windblown
Stamp: girl (Sugar Nellie)
Paper: Old Olive patterned paper (Stampin Up); Memor (Magenta Style); various scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Mement0); Copic markers
Other: mini heart punch

Hope you have a day filled with sweet moments!

7 comments:

  1. Both cards are adorable and I have to say, you make paper piercing look easy, but I know better!! Great work and I love your color choices for each cacardiology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Sharon. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are adorable. The paper piecing is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see your having a great time piecing things together! darling cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. paper piecing is a fun technique and can be addictive. good job!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. I love the paper piecing too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...