Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cozying up with Some Hot Tea

January always makes me want to watch the stunning snowy scenery outside from my favorite vantage point, my armchair with a hot cup of tea in hand!

This month, Gingersnap Creations will be focusing on "hot techniques" and using hot beverages as their theme of the month! How fun!

I made this card to get into the mood. It uses a Technique Junkies technique called Marker Wash. I got halfway through and decided to stop there, not re-coloring the images after I had washed them out as I really liked the effect as is.

I also had a fabulous quote from Serendipity to add but decided it would do better on the inside of the card....so I actually finished the inside of a card...must be the New Year going to my head!

A Time for Tea
Stamps: tea pot (Rubber Necker); quote (Serendipity Stamps)
Paper: Antique Parchment - Floral (Daisy D's)
Cardstock: Real Red (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Versamark
Markers: Real Red and Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Other: black embossing powder, fine (Ranger); mini-mister; heat tool
Embellishment: lace
Technique: Marker Wash (Technique Junkies)

Stay cozy and don't forget to enter your name in for my blog candy - closing January 23!

6 comments:

  1. love the washed out colour, it reminds me of spilled tea, just perfect for the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Shar, it's really nice. love the colour wash and the lace. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar, that's a great card! (I'm drinking a cuppa right now . . . )

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Shar, makes me want a cup now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece. The washed colour is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card background--going for a cup of tea....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...