Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Cheery Challenge: Let's Relax

This week The Cheerful Stamp Pad's Challenge is "Let's Relax". Well, do I have the perfect stamps for a relaxing pastime - my Relish Reading set!

Two weeks ago, I was reading my latest edition of the SCS Weekly Inkling and I saw their Faux Tile tutorial. It looked fun and I do love tiles! So, of course, I had to go rogue with it! I created my tiles, coloring the image with copics, cutting it into squares and then coating my tiles with glossy accents. I also added a quote from the same plate and put it in a torn frame.

Garden in Your Pocket
Stamps: girl under tree and sentiment from the Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: scrap from my overflowing basket
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: B12, E00, E02, E11,E19, G21, G24, V06. V09, YR23, YR24
Other: Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Techniques: Faux Tile (Splitcoast Stampers); Torn Frames (Technique Junkies)

Besides having a great challenge theme, this Cheerful Stamp Pad Challenge is being sponsored by Rogue Redhead Designs! If you play along, you could win 3 singles from the Relish Reading plate including the two shown in the above card!

Why not pay homage to your favorite way to relax and join in the fun!

11 comments:

  1. I love your card. It is like looking out the window during the spring or summer. It is refreshing after seeing all the snow. You do such a great job coloring, especially her hair. Thanks for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar, love this image and the Aged tiles. Of course your coloring is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the background paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really an amazing card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really does look like a window. Beautiful Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect combination of that beautiful stamp and the faux tile technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Shar this card is so gorgeous and loving your faux tiles. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stamps. Love your card. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...