Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back in the Studio

With a New Year underway, I finally had time to pop back into my studio. I had time to both paint a new canvas and paint the walls! With our studiomate, Joe, moving on to new adventures, my husband and I are redoing our studio to better accommodate his fabulous photographs and my mixed media.

With more room, I am having fun spreading out and playing around a bit more. Here's one of my newest creations, a 8 x 10 canvas with ephemera, stamped Invoke Arts images on Mulberry paper, collage images, a bit of ribbon and a few charms. The painted background includes several layers of Lumiere paints with some bubble wrap impressions and some stenciled areas.

My style appears to be ever-evolving. Hopefully, I'll figure out where I am going with it.

15 comments:

  1. Love the image stamped on Mulberry paper, which is one of my favorite things to do! Beautiful canva! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this looks, the colors are perfect! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool GF, at least I can say I knew you when! lol, great newz about the studio too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creation on canvas, love the colors and images you chose for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats what its all about, growing as an artist! Yes my dear you are evolving, love the texture the Lumiere and bubble wrap made. I know in person it is even prettier with the Lumiere (I Love that stuff) Great layering and colors Shar. Bravo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sharon it's amazing! TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so admire this type of work- I have not evolved into it ...yet....I do love the look and one day I will have to courage to let loose and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your canvass. Great news about the studio. It helps when you have more room to spread out. I have enjoyed doing the few canvass that I have done, but I never know how to start the background. Your backgrounds are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your canvas Shar...........who knows where we are going or where we will end up....its all about having fun on the way. Can see you are having a great time. Have a happy week. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your canvas is very pretty. I like where you're headed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your canvas has turned out really well, I am sure you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous canvas. Love the theme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shar this is Mixed Media at its finest. I know my style has changed and who knows, maybe it will change again at some point. That is another reason crafting is such fun. Hope to see more larger canvases now you have room to spread out. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful canvas! happy creating in your new found space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it is beautiful. also it is wonderful to see you exploring your range and growing your style. i'm learning from you! i even bought some canvases on sale at aaron bros art mart -- we'll see... xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...