Monday, December 6, 2010

Santa Season: Day 6

In keeping with the vintage feel of the Santa I used yesterday, I decided to dig out my Snowy Woods plate from Artistic Outpost for more of the same today. It seemed a good choice for St. Nicholas Day - to find out more check out the St. Nicholas Day post on Gingersnap Creations.

I have been dying to try out a really easy but effective technique I saw on Splitcoast Stampers last month called Stamped Acrylic Block Background. As per their instructions, I used some Distress Ink to create an interesting backdrop for my vintage Santa. I loved the mottled look it achieved.

For the color scheme, I went to Our Creative Corner for inspiration where they had a very interesting mix of Regal Rose, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise and Kraft for their Alternate Christmas Color Challenge.

Rosy Santa
Stamp: vintage Santa from Snow Woods plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise and River Rock (Stampin Up); glossy white cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Victorian Velvet and Fired Brick (Ranger Distress Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishment: Scarlet Jewel ribbon (Papertrey)

Wishing you a rosy day!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful holiday card, love your choice of colors! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this same plate! The technique and color combo came together perfectly. Have a rosy day! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific job you did with the OCC color challenge - everything came together so perfectly - the image, the background, the colors. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...