Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa Season: Day 5

For today's card, I tried out a vintage Santa image from The Queen's Dresser Drawers! I love this one as it says "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" in beautiful lettering embedded in the image. Of course, with the effect I used with it, only half the sentiment showed up but it seems to still work!

Play Date Cafe is doing "PDCC58: Rich Red and Fresh White" this week and I wanted to get in on the fun.

I was mulling over the color scheme and I thought what's whiter than bleach? So, I used a reverse bleaching technique that I had played around with a couple of years ago. I didn't consult any blogs when I came up with it but that by no means that someone else didn't think of it too. So far, I haven't seen any other techniques like it. To see how I did it, visit my tutorial on Gingersnap Creations. It's really easy!

Virginia & Santa
Stamps: main image (Queen's Dresser Drawers); snowflake (Stampington)
Cardstock: Whisper White and Real Red (Stampin Up)
Ink: Versamark; Real Red (Stampin Up)
Tools: iron; heat tool
Other: bleach; cotton swab

Here's wishing you find something magical to believe in this week!

6 comments:

  1. That technique is so cool ... I'm going to have to try it ... fabulous holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your Santa Season posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Shar its fabulous. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW--what a beautiful image--fabbbbbulous! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! What a great sentiment too, love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...