Friday, December 24, 2010

Santa Season: Day 25 a little early

Merry Christmas to all!

Here's my last Santa card for the season - a little early as I will be celebrating with my amazing family tomorrow. I have had the image of the little girl for absolutely ages and never quite knew what I was going to do with it. Surrounding the little tyke with images of Santa seemed a good start.

I wanted to enter the One Layer Wonder Challenge at Inkurable Stampers this month so I decided to do a variation on a Technique Junkies technique called Block Collage. My twist was to not use a square mask and to color the central image. Usually this technique is done with a monochromatic palette.

I Believe in Santa Claus
Stamps: little girl (Inka Stamps - now available from Scrolls Work); postage Santa and framed vintage Santa (Stamp Francisco); hooded Santa (Queen's Dresser Drawers); Santa with fur hat (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); Cranberry Crisp (Stampin Up); Fired Brick (Ranger Distress Ink)
Copics: B00, B02, R24, R27, R29, E00, E02, E11, E15, G14, G19, YR23, YR24
Technique: Block Collage (Technique Junkies)

I hope that Santa puts lots of lovely stamps and inky goodness under your tree this year!

7 comments:

  1. Perfect card Shar, adore the way you have done the background. Happy Christmas and have a wonderful time with your family. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a lot of fun looking at all your Santa cards, Shar. Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sharon! Love this stamps and the background! Have a most wondeful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet GF! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for always taking the time to make me feel loved. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card- the image is wonderful and the technique is awesome! I wish you a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...