Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Santa Season: Day 21

I was poking around in my "Stuff I Should Finish" pile and I found some old Reinker Splash backgrounds that I hadn't assigned to a project yet. They have been there about a year! Yikes!

I've been loving all the inchie and grid cards I've been seeing around the blogosphere so I thought I would try my hand at a couple.

For the first one, I wanted to take another crack at the CRAFT Black and White with a Splash of Color as I wasn't 100% on my first attempt.

I chose the more monochromatic of my backgrounds - shades of orange. Onto this base, I stamped my ATC-sized Santas from the Tim Holtz collection. I used my 1.25" punch to isolate portions of the stamped image that I wanted. I also punched out and then squares of designer paper and created a grid on black cardstock. I used some more scraps from my basket and added a strip of orange designer paper to the bottom of the white card base.

Ho Ho Ho
Stamps: Santas from ATC-size collection Tim Holtz line (Stampers Anonymous); Ho Ho Ho (unknown)
Paper: scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Whisper White and Basic Black (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); various Stampin Up reinkers
Technique: Reinker Splash (Technique Junkies)

That one done, I thought I would try another!

I used a similar process to create the card below. I really liked the effect of the blues and browns.

Keep Christmas
Stamps: Santas from ATC-size collection Tim Holtz line (Stampers Anonymous); sentiment (Stampington)
Paper: scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Whisper White and Night of Navy (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); various Stampin Up reinkers
Embellishment: 1/4" navy ribbon; 2 powder blue ribbon flowers
Technique: Reinker Splash (Technique Junkies)

The holiday is inching closer! I can feel it!

10 comments:

  1. These are lovely - especially the first one, I love the warm hues you've chosen. He's such a great Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both terrific cards and great colour combos. Great design idea. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot there were ATC sized images in Tim's collection! This is a great creation, Shar! (You actually have a "Stuff I Should Finish Pile"? I would never be able to find mine! )

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards! I kind of have a "must finish pile." That would include many almost finished decorative painted pieces. Some just need like a half hour of work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are terrific Shar, what a great use of leftovers, I think I might need to look into my bin!
    Have A Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Love the backgrounds.
    Merry x-mas!
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Black, White and a Splash of Colour project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...