Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Season: Day 12

On the 12th day of Santa, Sharon cleaned her room! Unbelievable, yes! I had a floor, a desk and actually some stamps in there. Who knew?

First, the card I made in my lovely clean room. I used one of Tim Holtz Santas and used a Technique Junkie technique called Vintage Photo Stamping. I used that technique on top of a background I had already completed using the Splitcoast Stampers Stamped Acrylic Block Background.

Touch of Pink Santa
Stamp: Post Card Santa from Tim Holtz collection (Stampers Anonymous)
Paper: scrap from my basket (Sandy Lion); hand-made paper with paper eyelets
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick (Ranger Distress Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Techniques: Stamped Acrylic Block Background (Splitcoast); Vintage Photo Stamping (Technique Junkies)

Here's the shocker! My clean desk! Check it out - almost nothing on it.

The long shot to show that I cleaned more than a 2 x 3 foot square on my desk.

My unmounted stamp binders all put away - not all up-to-date - but put away.

Hope you had a wonderfully productive day! I know Santa's been busy too!

8 comments:

  1. Love your cards and your Room! I'm in the midst of putting on an addition..raining sideways right here in CT. I'll be in the market for a wide desk..can I ask where you got your desk? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. MA - thanks for the kind words about my cards. I got the desk about 8 or so years ago at a local office furniture store. I have another great work desk at my studio that was purchased at an unfinished pine furniture store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great...thanks for the info. Didn't even think about unfinished furniture! I know I want kitchen cabinets/counters. Have an island and about 30 Jet Max cubes that I'm using right now. I have too much stuff! Need to purge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another question--I have thousands of UM's in binders (and more to be mounted)..some by vendor, some by theme, and then there's the haphazard method. How do you organize yours? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Santa card Shar and WOW thats one clean studio. Want to come clean mine? It looks like a bomb went off with trying to keep up with those tags! LOL
    Enjoy your clean room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MA - I gave up trying to organize my binders by theme as I had way too many themes and I always like to know who the stamp is made by so I can credit it properly. Instead I file by vendor and create a key sheet for each binder page. To then organize by theme, it's easiest to stamp the image onto a index card labeled with the theme and write the vendor below the image. Several images can fit on one card depending on size. That way, if an image fits into multiple themes, you can just create another index card. Those I file alpha...when I get time to make them up. My wooden stamps I file loosely by theme ie women, men, winter, flowers, valentine's day etc in pizza boxes. I don't remember the supplier for those but I am sure a search engine would get you to one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pink was a gorgeus choice -- unexpected and perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pine Furniture's is great for Christmas season :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...