Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let it Snow with GC81

It's chilly December again and my thoughts have turned to the upcoming ice and snow - the fun part of Winter! I am getting into the spirit with this card for two challenges. To get me going, I used the GC Chestnut Theme Challenge - Snowpeople! The Pink Elephant's TPE #89 Blue, Green and Red was the inspiration for the color scheme!

I use this Stamps Happen stamp every year during the Winter season. It was one of my first acquisitions. I love the clean lines and happy design. Now what stamps could go with this jolly fellow? Well, he's his best company! I added some faux stitching for a cozy, homey feeling!

Let It Snowman
Stamps: Jolly Snowman (Stamps Happen); Let it Snow (Penny Black)
Paper: "Bloom" Daisy Chain from the Bloom & Grow collection (My Mind's Eye)
Cardstock: Glorious Green, Real Red and Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: 100, B00, B01, B12, B14G12, R27, Y02, Y04 and Y07
Techniques: faux stitching with a hint of Warhol

The Gingers have put together some extra cool creations on the Gingersnap Creations blog! Why not check them out and then play along?

7 comments:

  1. Really cute snow people, love them. Plus the one above is great as well. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this definitely counts as a TJs warhol or perhaps a bris-warhol. love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Snowman! Andy Warhol would be pleased with your design ;0) Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...