Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ginspiration Abounds

I had a lot of fun preparing this card for the Once in a Blue Moon Challenge on Gingersnap Creations. Today's Blue Moon has not one challenge but five challenge options, all suggested by the fabulous Ginger team!

My challenge was to dare the Gingersnappers out there to use labels creatively! Here's one of my cards using some labels and distress ink!

Imagining Daydreams
Stamps: Almanac background, Day Dream and Imagination from the Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs); Love Fairy (Alpha Stamps)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Antique Linen, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Other: sheet of standard adhesive labels
Embellishment: mustard ribbon
Tools: ribbon punch (Stampin Up)

To get more information on how I went about creating this card and to see another card using distressed labels as a background, check out the Rogue Redhead Designs blog.

To see what the other challenges dreamed up by the awesome Gingers, check out Gingersnap Creation's Once in a Blue Moon Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. A great challenge, I like the repetitive pattern and the distressing and stamping is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe Shar, however do you get your labels to stick down without creasing... tried this once and it turned out rubbish and thats just where it went....in the rubbish bin...lol
    So I fully appreciate your wonderful example and the use of such great colours. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! Love the colors and image! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shar, I love your sample, I haven't done the label thing in years, I just might have to jump on board with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this technique before but never tried it because I have no idea how to transfer the labels to the card and still keep them in place. Any tips would be appreciated as you are definitely an expert. This is fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Jack:

    This project I did by eye but in the past I have found it useful to use a ruler as a guide to lay down the first horizontal line and the first vertical line. From there, I can build from there using the placed lines as my guides. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful...love your card, great stamp and technique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info Shar. I had hoped you would come up with some secret that would make it easy to place the labels but I see it's good old-fashioned hard work, LOL.
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...