Monday, November 8, 2010

Zany with Zentangle

Zentangle is a term that has been flung around my house ever since my daughter, my 6th grade girlie, took a class at the local community center. She's made for it!

The teacher, Wendy Brown, was just so nice and so inspiring that I asked her to do a mini class for my kiddo and her fab friends. Wendy was nice enough to let me sit in and now I am just as addicted as my babe.

Here's the sample tile I made during class:


Wendy was kind enough to bring along some bird cutouts for us to work on. I am almost finished mine but I can't decide what to do in the last section..alas!

Finally, while minding our Studio at Western Avenue, I decided to use one of my canvases which I had finished painting but hadn't embellished yet as a tableau for more Zentangle fun. The canvas was painted with Lumiere paints so it has a really interesting sheen to it along with the highlights of the metallic paints.

It is quite addictive so I'll have to be careful! I don't need another beyond addictive hobby....when will I stamp?

7 comments:

  1. Very cool, Shar! I've never done it, so I tried to get my ATC group to go in for a Zentangle swap to get us all acquainted with it. I got some blank stares and a lot of dubious shrugs. Hmmmmm.... maybe I should point them towards your blog - these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love how you zentangled on the painted canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zentangles are absolutely awesome especially the ones on your canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an official request. How about doing a tutorial in TJN on this. I imagine Pat would agree. I just love your finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, adding my vote for a tutorial. i am very intrgiued by this! the pieces you did are awesome. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of doodling in in my notebook when I as in HS

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great, I love doing them, only I made circles and then designed the insides. VERY ZEN, read about it in a magazine. Yep, they can be a form of doodling, but that is the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...