Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Storytime

My time offline, following the untimely demise of my latest laptop, gave me some time to stamp again. I've been dying to try out my Almanac background with Distress inks so I started to play, stamping the background in Versamark and embossing it. After embossing, I sponged Wild Honey, Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade over the background. I used the same combination for the background for my focal image, these swingers from Rogue Redhead Designs' first release, Relish Reading.

Storytime Swingers
Stamp: swingers from Relish Reading (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Old School collection (Pink Paislee)
Cardstock: Summer Sun and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Inks: Wild Honey, Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade (Ranger Distress Ink); Timber Brown (StazOn); Versamark
Tools: heat tool; oval and scallop punches (Marvy)
Other: storytime charm; clear embossing powder (Judikins); 1/4" red ribbon

Hope you get some time to share some great stories over the holidays with friends and family!

5 comments:

  1. Darling Shar, sorry about your lap top, but a great way to make use of the down time! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how this turned out! That background stamp is amazing with detail! Love the kids on the swing and that is the next stamp I will use! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! and I got my copy of Take Ten yesterday - the cards look fab. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the backgrounds!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...