Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Playing with Paper

I picked up this great 6x6 pad of Pink Paislee paper from the Old School collection at my local stamp store. It's got such great patterned paper that I could not resist playing with layers.

To get me going, I went to two of my go-to challenge blogs for some great sketch inspirations. The first one I found was the Sweet Stop's latest sketch.


I turned it on its side. Here's how it turned out:


Daydreaming Girl

Stamps: girl in chair and sentiment from the Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Old School collection (Pink Paislee)
Cardstock: Sage Shadow (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Antique Linen and Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishments: prima flower; dark red brad
Tools: oval punch (Marvy)

For the next card, I went to Friday Sketchers which had this great sketch:


Here's my take:


Layered Lad

Stamps: vintage boy and sentiment from the Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Old School collection (Pink Paislee)
Cardstock: Yoyo Yellow (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Watercolor Pencils: Crimson Lake and Venetian Red (Derwent Aquatone); Flesh Pink and Turquoise Blue (Derwent Studio)
Embellishments: 4 square antique brass brads

There's nothing like a good sketch to get the creative juices flowing! I love trying new styles.

10 comments:

  1. Shar Amazing! Its so funny I was just doing something similar. you'll see on thursday. too funny. I luv luv luv ur take on the Friday Sketchers. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all came together so well--the sketches, the stamps, the papers. Lovely cards. Can't wait for stamps to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layered cards - what a great way to play with yummy paper (ya know, the stuff that I usually hoard? LOL!). Beautiful images, too, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great! I really love that first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty creation playing with your papers Shar!! You did an awesome job with the sketch hun!! HUGs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and I love those images. Must check out these stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Shar - your stamps are stunning! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! Love the stamps! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Cards, thanks for playing along at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...