Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cute as a Button

Okay, I am not much of a sewer and as most of my friends can attest, I am embellishment-challenged. I was rooting around in my supplies to get some sewing notions for the latest Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply challenge, when I came across a big brown button all on its own. Too fun! I just had to use it!

As I grabbed my seemingly only sewing notion, I remembered seeing that Crafty Creations was having a button challenge! What luck!

Daydream Trio
Stamps: girl and sentiment from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: paper from Old School collection (Pink Paislee)
Cardstock: Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Embellishment: button and thread
Technique: Warhol (Technique Junkies)

Uh oh! Just remembered where the button came from...oh, well, the card needed it so much more than my sweater!

7 comments:

  1. Good thing you came across that button--amazing how those things work out for us crafters. Great card--I love the 3 panels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so pretty.....much more delicate than most 'Warhol' subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So vintage and so pretty and how beautiful the finish with the button is.
    I have two prize challenges posted today - one is this weeks spot prize challenge - mother& child theme and the other one is a papercrafts only challenge where EVERY entry wins with free images to use.I would love to see more entries so if you get chance please pop by and visit.
    Have a lovely weekend my friend
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! So sweet and so elegant!

    Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is wonderful - I love the effect of one stamp on different backgrounds!! Beautiful thanks for playing at Crafty Creations this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling Shar, good thing you found that button! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...