Monday, October 25, 2010

Worn Wallpaper and Holiday Happenings

It's the 25th of the month again which means I have been hard at work creating some more Christmas and Chanukah cards to try and get ahead of the calendar! Each month, I've been working on a small selection of cards with different themes so that I would have a stack of cards ready to send out before December 1st rolled around. You can follow my progress at Gingersnap Creations - this month's theme is "Things with Wings".


As I wanted all my cards to be quick, simple and easy to reproduce, I went to check out what wonderful ideas I could get from my Technique Junkies newsletter! I found the perfect technique - worn wallpaper - for the only vintage card I did today!

While I did pick a fairly light backgrounded paper, the weathering still had a nice effect. Here's how the weathering looked on the paper:

Here's the finished card:

Vintage Partridge
Stamp: partridge image (Oxford Impressions); weathered background (Stampin Up)
Paper: Herb Garden/Annies Apron from the Grandmas House line (Paper Loft)
Cardstock: Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla (Stamping Up)
Ink: Always Artichoke (Stampin Up); Frost White (Color Box)
Embellishments: several flowers and leaves from a Christmas pack of Prima flowers; 1 brown brad
Tools: oval cutter (Creative Memories)

Have a fabulous Autumn day! I am off to get going on more Christmas cards!

3 comments:

  1. Great card Sharon! I really like the way you did the background for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! My stamp wishlist just grows and grows..... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...