Sunday, October 3, 2010

Somebody for You

I found this amazing vintage card in an antique shop and I thought it deserved to be displayed. Such a sweet poem.


I painted this 8" x 10" canvas with a combination of Lumiere paints (love their wonderful sheen) and then layered on some wonderful hand-made paper and vintage-look designer paper that picked up on the roses in the card.

I added a collage image, a flower and some hardware to complete the piece.


Hope you like it! I had a ton of fun putting it together!

12 comments:

  1. Sharon its really gorgeous and love your vintage card, what a great find. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, this is my first visit to your blog, and what wonderful work you do. I have really enjoyed having a peek and will be back, happy crafting, Sam :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is stunning, the colours and all the details work so brilliantly together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color palette--such a wonderful piece, and thanks for sharing that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous and the card was quite a find too! I love how you put them together. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful poem and a beautiful piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great find, and I love what you've done with it! The paint colors and vintage image (and is that a little brooch?) set it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That vintage card is really neat! Your canvases turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card and what a brilliant way of displaying/keeping it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally gorgeous canvas...Great vintage postcard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...