Friday, October 29, 2010

Puzzling over the Only One Creative Connection

Today, Gingersnap Creations announced their newest Creative Connection! This month's assignment is to use only one stamp in your creation.

I decided to create a 6" x 6" canvas. I used Lumiere paints to create a soft painted background using a dry brush technique to add layers of color. I then used some rather large bubble wrap to add some texture.

Finally, I chose my stamp. I have always loved this wonderful image from Beeswax but as it is quite large, it needs a vehicle that is a bit bigger than a regular sized card. I decided to add interest by using the Puzzle Layers technique from Technique Junkies. I stamped the image in several Ranger Distress Inks and then pieced them together, matting with chocolate cardstock. To finish off, I add some rag flowers. I really love how it all came together!


Why not have some fun and check out the newest Creative Connection on Gingersnap Creations? Check out Helene Huber's take on this month's inspiration. You can play too! Just follow the directions and start spreading art around the blogosphere! It's like a blog hop with no bounds!

11 comments:

  1. This is a stunning piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar, this is amazing. the colors, background, etc. are so perfect. since you were sticking to one stamp it was rather brilliant enhancing it with the puzzle layers technique. as always i am awed by what you do. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar, this is gorgeous! What a wonderful stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sharon, this is just beautiful...
    Great work on the puzzle layers TQ.
    Hugs Vada

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the concept and it is executed brilliantly! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shar this is so beautiful and so effective. Cannot take my eyes off that stamp. Why are all the best stamps from the USA?!!! Lynne Mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love Lumiere paint, I bet the shimmer on this is gorgeous in person. Beautiful Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas is so superb, I love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous. And what a fabulous stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so pretty, and I love the way you did it. Sometimes the best things come from being limited.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Shar - you've done it again! This is gorgeous. The stamp and techniques you used are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...