Wednesday, October 6, 2010

GC73: Gothic Elements

I have to admit that I just love creepy, scary and slightly surreal stuff! That said, I decided no to go too dark with this sample for the Gingersnap Creations Gothic Elements Challenge!


The instructions were to "Create something dark perhaps supernatural with an atmosphere of mystery, darkness, oppressiveness, fear, or doom" and to include " something rather disturbingly amiss".

To get me in the "spirit" of the challenge, I went through my paper drawers and pulled out some utterly amazing paper from Memory Box (I have the matching stamp - yea!). I then perused my collage collection for just the right image and ended up rejecting all the witches...something amiss was on my mind or was it "a miss". Then, I found this marvelous little Miss from Paper Whimsy and decided she just needed a little tweek to take her from cute to creepy. Going through my vast collection of Halloween stamps I found this fab inkadinkado flourished bat and an idea was born!

Jeepers Baby Creepers
Stamps:
flourished bat (Inkadinkado); bats (Cat's Pajamas); and Jeepers Creepers sentiment (A Muse)
Collage Image: sweet girl from sheet digisheet 020 (PaperWhimsy)
Paper: Blackbird (Memory Box; cardboard backing
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments: 2 orange eyelets; 1/4" light orange ribbon (Offray)

Have a spookily wonderful day and don't forget to see what other Gothic treats the wickedly talented Gingers have put together on Gingersnap Creations.

12 comments:

  1. Shar I love this image. Love the darkness with that little mix of innocence which is slightly questionable. Great make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes my favourite PW image, I LOVE her, and how cool she looks with her little bat wings, gives her a sense of mischief. Perfect paper to use, and the addition of the stamped bats works really well. A wonderful piece indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, love it! I share your love of the creepy/scary/dark kind of spookiness, and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, so brilliantly done. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is nothing less than stunning! I really love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great piece, Shar. Love the combination of the sweet girl and the bats & birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Shar. I've been cruising around the inspiration pieces for gothic, and they're all terrific. I think I've figured out what I want to do!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous is this! It has been so long since I managed a gingersnap challenge, I must remedy that....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant. You start by looking at that sweet little Miss and then you notice all those other creepy things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this piece. it does have the creepy element but that little sweetie makes me smile nevertheless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific piece, Shar - very pleasantly creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...