Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Assignment: Quilt Block

It's that rare time of year when Gingersnap Creations has their Blue Moon Challenge! A different kind of challenge, it often involves a little homework or blurfing on the part of the participants.

With our month of tiles finishing up, we have one more type of mosaic for you to play with - a more modern one - quilt blocks.


Add your favorite quilt block to a card or a scrapbook layout. Here's what I did with mine:

Sew Many Memories
Stamp: sentiment (Prickley Pear)
Paper: scraps from my basket
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); black (Marvy Marker)
Embellishments: two buttons

I loved that this challenge is perfect for using up those scraps that I can't help hoarding! This particular block was a pattern I found on McCall's Quilting. It's called Aunt Dinah and I love it!

Why not jump on over to Gingersnap Creations and join in on the fun!

7 comments:

  1. That is such a great pattern, Shar! Love the colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shar! My jaw dropped when I saw this on the GC blog. An absolute stunner and I'll definitely be giving this one a go as I'm a great believer in that anything you can do with fabric, you can also do with paper.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! I love this Shar!! The papers are so stunning in this pattern!! Great idea!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so sweet and country, love it, gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cool card - love the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! I love the sentiment with the button embellishment! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...