Friday, August 27, 2010

Twinkle Lights Anyone?

One of the scariest things I do every holiday season is to try and untangle my holiday lights. My sweet and amazing husband has taken over this arduous task. Why do we do it every year? Because we love the look of these decorative lights!


While making holiday cards with "lights" as the theme, I decided to make a few that celebrated this part of the holiday season.

The first one I tried was a very simple card in which I tried to capture the fun colors of holiday lights.

Stamp credits: bulb (Inkadinkado); sentiment (Studio G).

The next card uses a really fun reindeer image from A Muse. I think this little guy is so cute. I used the Warhol technique from Technique Junkies for the design. For some added fun, I inked the Penny Black sentiment underneath with the same colors as my color blocks.


Stamp credits: reindeer (A Muse); sentiment (Penny Black).

For the last one, I used the Depth of Field technique from Technique Junkies with the colors from a recent Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge - red, orange and yellow - to create a fun background. With such a busy background, I decided to add just a sentiment rather than an image.

Stamp credits: bulb (Inkadinkado); sentiment (Rubber Stampede).

If you want to see some of my other "holiday light" themed cards, check out my post on Gingersnap Creations and join in if you like!

8 comments:

  1. These are great Xmas cards....simple but really nice and I like the colors.
    Cynthia Schelzig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great simple cards. Love the Warhol one. Simple, mailable, fast and most of all looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors are so festive and I love the clean design! Are you getting your holiday lights ready already? We should do the same here considering snow comes so soon! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and festive x-mas cards.
    Thankyou for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Christmas cards with perfect holiday colors! Don't even want to think about the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so darling! and not even tangled at all!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bulbs - my type of card as I'm always running late! LOL Any hints on finding the bulb? I've looked up & down, no luck with Inkadinkado either! Any help appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie - not sure that they make this stamp any more. I have had it for about 5 years. It was one of my first.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...