Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pleasant Manners Canvas for GC67 and STR23

While we are working with the wonders of paint this month at Gingersnap Creations, I decided to finish some of my painted canvases and painted objects. This first one was created for the Gingersnap Creations Random Redhead Go 3D Challenge and the motif was inspired by the Shabby Tea Room's Cottage Rose Challenge! It will end up in my next Open Studio if I can bear parting with this stylish little lady.

I recently found this great vintage paper lady while wandering antique stores in Sturbridge, MA. I set her off against some vintage-style designer paper which had sweet pink roses all over it and trimmed that with some delicate lace. I added some feathers to this cutie's hat for a fun 3D element!

I also added some rose embellishments to her darling dress. Aren't these ribbon roses just beautiful?


I used a page from an old spelling book for the words along the side of the piece. While I usually err on the side of the "saucy tongue", I thought that this little lady looked way too elegant to indulge in such questionable behavior.


Here she is in all her glory:







For this canvas, I used: a variety of green and gold Lumiere paints, a piece of vintage rose designer paper, some beautiful lace, the aforementioned spelling book page, ribbon roses, a vintage greeting card, some feathers and a whole lot of matte gel medium and craft glue.

Of course, I wasn't the only one having some fun playing with 3D. Please stop by the challenge post at Gingersnap Creations to see all the fabulous pieces from the Gingers!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, she is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love this piece!!!! Sturbridge, huh? So, are these stores good enough for me to hike it on over there for some antiquing??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little ribbon flowers nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely gorgeous. I went to use my feathers the other day and they are gone! Oh well, another shopping trip, tee hee.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very, very cool this is! I love how you've used that vintage lady on here. The feathers and flower additions to her dress are wonderful. Love the pieced sentiment down the side, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a great card! That lil lady is just beautiful and so clever to use the words down the side like that! Beautiful card, thanks for playing with us in the Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas. Really like the flowers in the middle of the dress!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card - love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so wonderful. i am really enjoying your canvases. i would like to come to your art class Shar. let me know what time to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrific, I love it. The sentiment made me smile!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wonderful and yes, she doesn't look as though she has a saucy tongue! Great use of colour and yes, love those ribbon roses. TFS. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABulous details on this pretty lady, great canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Love your sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am loving that feather!! Too cute girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning canvas, I absolutely adore the image if the little girl. And the feather is such a nice finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How absolutely lovely ... I especially like the flowers down her skirt! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty, I really like this image...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...