Thursday, August 26, 2010

Light and Bright

I'm back on my holiday card kick! I am determined that I will get all my holiday cards done this year well before the holidays happen. As I like to make all different cards every year, I thought I would have some fun and give myself some themes with which to work. Last month, I tackled outdoor elements with a focus on sleds. This month's theme is Holiday Lights!

Here are some of my cards that use candlelight to reflect this theme. To make my task a little more challenging, I gave myself a second requirement - no designer paper!

For my first one, I picked one of my favorite Christmas stamps from Rubber Stampede and one of my favorite Technique Junkies techniques, Block Collage.

Stamp credits: candles, ornaments, tree, presents and Ho Ho Ho (Rubber Stampede) and main sentiment (Penny Black).

Once, I made a Block Collage card, it reminded me of another great Technique Junkie technique called Mono Masking. As I had already gone with bold and bright colors, I continued the trend with this Chanukah card.

Stamp credits: Stampin Up!

I already had my Chanukah stamps out so I tried another one. I love this cute image from the Cat's Pajamas. I decided that a simple design would be the best way to show off Poochie and his menorah. I adore this cool Star of David so I thought it would make a great backdrop to the main image.

Stamp credits: Poochie and menorah and sentiment (Cat's Pajamas); Star of David (Rubber Soul).

Finally, I decided to go really simple with this sweet image from HAnglar and StAnglar. He was a ton of fun to color.

Stamp credit: HAnglar and StAnglar.

To see some more of my holiday lights cards, check out my Holiday Happenings feature on Gingersnap Creations.

I love this quote from James Keller: A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

Hope you can pass on some of your creative light today!

2 comments:

  1. they are all fab, but I love that last one, you can really feel the candlelight on his face!
    thanks for the early inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...