Wednesday, August 4, 2010

GC65: Famous Painters or Paintings

We're focusing on paint this month on Gingersnap Creations so it should be no surprise that our Chestnut Theme Challenge is focusing on Famous Painters and Paintings.


I adore Degas and I have had this image of one of his ballet dancers forever. I so happy to be able to use it for this challenge. I decided to watercolor with my inks to give this image a nice soft feel. I also wanted to keep this card simple to really keep this beautiful dancer center-stage!

Degas Dancer
Stamp: Degas dancer (Stamp Francisco)
Paper: watercolor paper
Cardstock: Cameo Coral (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral and Ruby Red (Stampin Up)
Embellishment: 1/2" coral ribbon
Tool: aquapainter (Stampin Up)

Be sure to check out the other great masterpieces by The Gingers! We hope you play along!

5 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful stamp and a stunning card, so simple but perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is center stage! Soft and delicate! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous - the watercoloring is exactly perfect for this image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous piece!!!! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...