Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crowing About a New Challenge

Gotta love color combos that push you creatively. This week, the colors on Gingersnap Creations really spoke to me! I loved the idea of red and black - so many themes and so many ideas.

I am trying to use my stamps...not just collect them. I've been looking for the perfect project for these great crow stamps from Lost Coast since I got them last year (yup, you read that right).

For this tag, I sponged Fired Brick Distress Ink over the surface and then dragged the pad over the tag to create some texture lines.

I then stamped crowns (another fab Lost Coast set) randomly over the tag in the same Fired Brick color. Hope you can see them in the above close-up.

Once that was done, I added the crows and sentiment in Jet Black StazOn. I picked up this fab fuzzy fibre awhile back - isn't it awesome?

If you want to get fired up by more red and black projects, head on over to Gingersnap Creations and check out what the Gingers created!

11 comments:

  1. I have all sorts of things I haven't used..... all bought with the best of intentions! Love the red and black, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, LOVE this, Shar! The tone-on-tone with the fired brick looks awesome. And yes, I have the same guilty admission.. stamps sitting around, un-inked, for, errrmmmm, "months"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is awesome!! Love the crows and that background is perfect! I also love the look of dragging DI across paper! Boy am I glad that I use all my stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is amazing, I sometimes think crafting is more about buying stash than using it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't you know it? I post a red and black project for Gingersnap's 3D challenge, and this week, the color challenge is red and black! ;-) I love this color combo...and I really like the way you've created your tag with these colors ---and your un-inked crows!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shar, I'd say we are all guilty of a stamp bought too long ago and still unused. Wouldn't that be a good challenge to set LOL. Absolutely striking tag with this colour combo. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the crow stamp set! Yes, I can see the crowns in your fabby tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your stamping. The crows are really awesome and work so well with the background colour of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OI!! I love your crow tag. It's fabulous. I love Red & Black - I'm trying to figure out what stamps I can use. Since I haven't been working I've been stamping out of my collection. It's really nice and I've been using stuff that's sitting around. Other than adhesive, I could never spend another cent have enough to last me to and thru retirement!!

    LOVE YOUR TAG!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful crow tag. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...