Monday, July 5, 2010

Passion Altered Canvas

Finally finished my adventure into the world of pinks and purples. Of course, it could not be a soft sweet pink or a demure lavendar - they had to be bold and bright!

I had a lot of fun with this 8" x 10" canvas and playing with the texts that I stamped or interwove into my piece. I have some old early 1900s newspapers that I use on occassion for collage and I was lucky enough to get some of the "Social" section with all its fabulous gossip. The other page is from a book called Looking Heavenward. If you look closely behind my contemplating lady, you can see the title "Dumb Brute" and the other headline where "Affairs in General" is visible.


It fits right in with the Theme Thursday Challenge this week which is Torn Paper. I've got lots on this canvas.


I just got some Tim Holtz embellishments and I really love these metal tags. This one says "Altered" which seemed to fit these particular images.


Here's the finished piece! I added some hardware to give it some oomph!

Images by Hampton Art Stamps (woman knitting), B-Line Designs (contemplating woman), Impression Obsession (sentiment) and Enchanted Mercantile Collage Images (woman and girl).

Hope you like this canvas! I am having so much fun building layers.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Shar this is beautiful! I was thinking about getting my canvas out today. I think I shall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous canvas and great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece Shar!! Sometimes good things come to those who wait or art that incubates!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Shar!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful mix of images, I also happen to love the effect of torn paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun with this one! I love all the layers and how some are transparent, and others opaque and stacked - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it! I'm taking notes... gotta make some canvases for my ATC group and I've never done it. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's not to like! It's Beautiful! Love the purple. I love purple! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS. Keep 'em coming Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are awesome,sis. But of course,I have always known this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...