Thursday, July 1, 2010

On the CASE: Part Two

I'm still CASEing my fellow Gingers from the Gingersnap Creations Design Team for our new Once in a Blue Moon Challenge. What fun!

Joanne Wardle was the victim of my next attempt at CASEing. She has an utterly adorable card on her blog - here - which I have used as inspiration for my card today.


Joanne is a very talented stamper and a wonderful and warm person. She is not only on the Gingersnap Creations' Design Team but also on the following teams: Paper Artsy, Scrolls Work, Frantic Stamper, and Happy Daze. Her art also frequently appears in Craft Stamper magazine.

I love everything Joanne does, but I really liked the way she used touches of plaid in her card along with the coordinating flower. I also admire Joanne's amazing pencil coloring skills which she shared in a tutorial on Gingersnap Creations. I could not do as beautiful a job as Joanne so I chickened out and used watercolor pencils instead.

I also used a touch of plaid and used some flower punches to create a matching flower. I wanted to stick with the same type of image so I picked one of my favorite cute Penny Black stamps.

Plaid Pansies
Stamp:
Pansy Bunny (Penny Black)
Paper: (K & Company); dark purple paper (Provocraft stack); watercolor paper
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Other: various watercolor pencils (Derwent); lilac plaid ribbon; 3 flower punches (Marvy); 1 lilac brad; distressing tool

Why not go for a blurf and get inspired!

1 comment:

  1. awww it's such an honour to be CASEd it's a nice feeling that someone thinks my work is worth copying. Thank you for the lovely things you said about me, it made me blush!
    I love the features you picked out for this card, but I love how you completely made it your own. it's great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...