Friday, July 2, 2010

On the CASE: Part Three

Here's my last attempt at CASEing the Gingersnap Creations Design Team for the latest Blue Moon Challenge.


As my inspiration this time, I decided to use a card I had seen on Jean Franks Beck's blog, Bluebird Paperie. Jean had done a phenomenal vintage grid card and I decided to use this as my jumping off point. She had even included some great tips for creating the same style card right in her post!

The talented and terrific Jean is not only a full-fledged double-term Gingerm, she's also on the Cornish Heritage Farms Design team!

I really loved the coordinating papers Jean used and how she stamped both her focal image and her sentiment on subtly patterned paper. She picked some great inchies which worked perfectly with her image and used a vintage metal tag to complete the look.

For my take on her card, I dug up my much neglected BasicGrey 6x6 pad of Stella Ruby papers. I love this collection (too bad it retired) as I actually used all the neutral papers as well as the beautifully patterned ones. I created my inchies from these and, as Stella Ruby has a sewing theme, I also dug out my B-Line sewing stamps. So pretty!

Here's how it all came out:

Mending the Soul
Stamps:
sentiment and woman sewing (B-Line Designs)
Papers: various papers from the Stella Ruby 6x6 pack (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (Stazon)
Embellishments: 3 snaps

Well, that's it for me stealing inspiration from my fellow Design Team members. Your turn!

12 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful!!! So, can I case your case of Jean's beautiful card??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for posting who made that wonderful image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Shar, I really like the background squares but how could you bear to cut up your Stella Ruby!? Love that paper line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the coloring is so subtle and pleasing. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that fabulous grid design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, love the vintage stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. really like this stamp and what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely effect. This would be a great way to use up those scraps of paper that we cling on to, but never quite find a use for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous card Shar! I love the image you used and the vintage feel of it! beautiful effects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, I like yours better, LOL!!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...