Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chanukah in July too?

As I don't have half as many Chanukah cards to make as I do Christmas cards, I do all my cards right after Thanksgiving. With a quick glance at the calendar this year, I realized that this would have ended in disaster with Chanukah starting on December 1st!


This year, trying to plan ahead, I am doing a few Chanukah cards each month along with my Christmas cards.

For my first batch of holiday cards this year, I went with an outdoor theme. You can see my other cards on Gingersnap Creations, where I will be doing Holiday Card inspirations the 25th of each month from July through November.

Here's how I used that theme for a Chanukah card.


Cool Chanukah Chick
Stamps: Snowbunnybella (Stamping Bella); menorah (Paper Salon); and sentiment (Rubber Tree)
Paper: striped paper from my scrap basket (? Provocraft)
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: B12, B21, B23, B24, B26, E11, Y19, and YR00
Embellishments: 5/8" royal blue ribbon (Michaels)


So if the heat is getting you down, why not switch gears and get ahead of your calendar with some cool holiday cards?

2 comments:

  1. great idea to get started early and I know you've been busy making lots of cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smile on the young lady! Very nice in blue! Great idea to start early!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...