Sunday, July 25, 2010

Challenge Clumping Today!

There are only a couple of days left for the CASE a Ginger Challenge on Gingersnap Creations. The task was to blurf through the amazing art on the Gingersnap Creations' Design Team Members blogs and use one of their wonderful pieces as an inspiration for your own work.

I was cleaning up my studio - yes, strange but true - when I found the remainder of background I had made for my Heat Challenge card (still time for that challenge - it doesn't close until August 1). It had this wonderful blank spot in the middle and it suddenly struck me that this open bit looked like a smoldering sun!


Once that was in my head, I instantly thought of the breathtaking card that Joanne Wardle had made for the Sunshine Challenge on the GC blog (finishing up on August 15th). It was stunning! To see it up close, check out Joanne's blog, Made by Joanne.

I loved the way she used the wonderful warm colors with the sharp contrast of the black and the look of the silhouetted flowers against her steamy background!


Here's my take on her card:


Aspire to Be
Stamps:
silhouetted flowers (Starving Artistamps); sentiment (Inkadinkado)
Cardstock: white glossy paper; Whisper White and Basic Black (Stampin Up)
Ink: Fired Brick, Dried Marigold, and Scattered Straw (Ranger Distress Inks); Jet Black (StazOn)

So this card works for the Case a Ginger Challenge, the Heat Challenge, and the Sunshine Challenge on Gingersnap Creations. Bonus!

Have a wonderful sunshine-filled day and don't forget to check out all the great low-stress challenges on Gingersnap Creations!

7 comments:

  1. Love the background you created. Really a beautiful card. Love the silhouette style stamps. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just gorgeous. Love the background. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I especially like the silhouette flowers they are gorgeous against the background. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Shar you captured the heat of the day. With it being in the 100's today you can feel it coming right off the page. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Shar, I love the gentle flow of the background effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Shar, love the sunset colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...