Monday, June 28, 2010

Nesting

Last week, Ali and I went on a road trip to my favorite stamp store, Absolutely Everything. I was only supposed to be getting supplies for the studio but I couldn't resist these cute stamps from Impression Obsession!


I really liked the color scheme from the tag I just made, so I decided to use the same paper and cardstock for this card. I loved the simple lines of this sweet stamp so I kept the card fairly simple too. I used a tip from Ali's 10 Ways to Use Ribbon Scraps post on Gingersnap Creations and stamped my sentiment right on my ribbon scrap. I really liked the effect especially as the ribbon had such cool edging. I colored the birds in softly with a watercolor pencil and used a blender pen to smooth out the lines.


Sweet Nest
Stamps:
Bird Cage Pyramid and sentiment (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Liberty from Savannah line (7 Gypsies)
Cardstock: River Rock and Ruby Red (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Other: red watercolor pencil (Derwent); 1 1/2" wire-edged ribbon

Hope your home is hopping with sweet tweets today!

7 comments:

  1. I really like this pyramid of bird cages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my GOODNESS! I love those stamps! For reals! I have GOT to make time to drive out to that stinking store! Every time I see something from it I want to go more and more! Your card is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patterns and textures in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Can't you just see that stamp done up as a Christmas tree!
    How fun your sweet pink birds are too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those birdcages!!! I see them with the next birdcage embossing folder from CB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable and I love how you stamped on the ribbon! Thanks for a fun day shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...