Wednesday, June 2, 2010

GC57: Wings Meets Faux Dominos

I just got my new Technique Junkies newsletter and was delighted by the Faux Domino technique contributed by Beth Norman. I used Gingersnap Creations' newest Chestnut Theme Challenge - Wings - as my inspiration, I grabbed one of my favorite Lost Coast stamps, this completely gorgeous fairy!


To make my faux dominos not stark white, I stamped some distress ink onto a craft sheet and misted the ink with a bit of water. I stamped the fairy onto glossy cardstock and then pressed it into the watered down distress ink, sopping up the excess with a baby wipe. It gave her a soft greenish tone. I decided to pick up on that color with my designer paper and create contrast with black. I really like the end result!

Domino Fairy
Stamp:
fairy (Lost Coast Designs)
Paper: Restoration Drapery (We R Memory Keepers)
Cardstock: Sage Shadow and Basic Black (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage and Milled Lavendar (Ranger Distress Inks)
Other: clear embossing powder (Judikins); heat tool; corner rounder; pop-up dots
Technique: faux dominos - Technique Junkies

So fly on over to Gingersnap Creations to play along with the Wing Challenge and to see the great art from The Gingers Design Team!

10 comments:

  1. That is way awesome! Just love how you used the stamp for the Domino tech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, a super elegant creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors & the domino effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am luvin' this GF! my mail to you is bouncing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, this is gorgeous!! You've rocked this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow, Shar! First...that IS a fabulous image! And I love how you 'aged' the 'dom' technique. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card ... that image is amazing and the soft ink coloring is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is spectacular! I love the effect you got with the watered-down Distress Ink. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! I love the image, and dividing it up really makes you notice every detail, as each "tile" becomes its own focal point! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...