Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Canvas Capers

I've finished my first canvas...at least I think it's finished. I went off to the studio today and got to put some more touches on my works in progress.

I noticed that Theme Thursday's challenge this week was collage! Perfect! It gave me the push I needed to stop fiddling with this piece and call it done.



I had a lot of fun with this 5" x 7" canvas. I painted it with a couple of colors of blue and blended in some brass as well as stenciling a fleur de lis in the center. Taking the fleur de lis as my jumping off point, I added a collage image of Marie Antoinette. As fate would have it, my ephemera included a page from an old french text which discussed the ill-fated queen. I added some of my favorite paper and pulled out a dictionary card with "la fille" on it, a peacock charm which I painted gold and a couple of wooden fleur de lis. As I was almost done, I found the "Trial Credits" envelope and thought it would be interesting to add it in considering Marie Antoinette's end.



Now, I just need to finish my other 6 painted canvases... good thing it's Summer!

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Sharon - I love the rich colors and gold plus all the interesting ephemera you includes - AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first canvas!! It is beautiful!! The colors are great and the embellishments are perfectly place! GREAT collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love painting, etc., on canvas! Your canvas is awesome, perfect colors and love the addition of the peacock charm! Where did you find that???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...