Thursday, May 27, 2010

Worth a Thousand Words

Well, a picture will have to be worth a thousand words this time as I am not sure how to classify what I have just made. It's an altered something...that's about as technical as I think I can get.


I started with a mini dress form which I painted with red Lumiere paint. I then added some gold highlights (also Lumiere) and then sponged on some Vintage Photo Ranger Distress Ink.

Once this was done, I used gel medium to apply some collage images (Enchanted Mercantile) all with the theme of women and photography.


To finish off, I added the sentiment "a picture is worth a thousand words" in a slide mount and the key and ribbon.


Hope you like it! It's a little different from my normal fare.

10 comments:

  1. Well now I see what you were working on! I love it! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is a beauty! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fantastic! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call it "Altered Awesomeness!"

    Truly, this is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your altered piece, especially the colors-so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great finish! It's art...it requires no explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell you what it is: Fabulous! I'm glad I'm not the only on who misses challenge deadlines;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it too....it doesnt matter you dont know what it is....you like it and I can see why! Beautiful rich colour used

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever you end up calling it, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors and theme, Shar! I have one covered in Fantasy Film, and I'd love to do some more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...